Re: spfile vs pfile in 9i

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 06:50:53 +1000

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> "Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message

>> Do you know that I didn't read who the original post was coming from? Had
>> realised it was from you, Niall, I (maybe) wouldn't have used the
>> "Burlesquash (TM)" tone I did. I suppose I am sort-of proud that I treat
>> friend and foe alike, purely on the content of posts. But had I realised
>> who had written the original, I would certainly not have wished to imply
>> you were selling the spfile to anyone -which, nevertheles, was not what I
>> had in mind at all. My apologies if you think I did, though. And I might
>> have been kinder about the Burlesonian comparisons. Sorry about that
>> one...
>
> No worries. What I said was just wrong and should have been picked up. I'm
> always happy to be corrected.
>

>> OK. You can come out from behind the sofa now. The scary man has gone.
>
> Its quite nice here actually and Dr Who is supposed to start again soon.

Isn't that odd! When I wrote that, I was thinking of the many Saturday nights I spent as a kid behind the sofa as Jon Pertwee did battle with the Cybermen.

Since the ABC here is replaying all those old episodes, I now see that my intrinsic artistic good sense was kicking in and shielding me from the horrors of poor sets, bad scripts, and weak acting!!

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Oct 26 2004 - 15:50:53 CDT