Re: generate table list

From: Syltrem <syltremzulu_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 08:55:24 -0400

"Frank Dietrich" <ablesoft_at_gmx.de> a écrit dans le message de news:2ta2hgF1srltpU2_at_uni-berlin.de...
> Hello all,
>
> is it possible to generate an list with all tables

USER_TABLES (the tables you own) or DBA_TABLES (tables in any and all schemas or ALL_TABLES (all table you have access to - i.e. that you own or were given privilege to access)

> and their constraints, triggers, primary keys?

USER_CONSTRAINTS (or DBA_, ALL_)
USER_TRIGGERS (or DBA_, ALL_)

Primary keys are constraints: USER_CONSTRAINTS.CONSTRAINT_TYPE = 'P'

If your have Oracle9i you can also have a look at the package DBMS_METADATA. Look up the doc.

Also there are tools like Oracle DBA Studio that can be handy.

> Or in which tables I can found the needed informations?
>
> like
>
> select table_name, trigger_name, triggering_event
> from user_triggers;
>
> Frank

HTH

--