Re: Oracle9i, RAC on linux - server hardware recommendation

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 16 Oct 2004 05:05:50 -0700

Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote in message news:<1097892200.519850_at_yasure>...

> Insulted an excellent product based on pure ignorance.

Who insulted what? From what I recall someone asked if there were still problems in a certain area.

Is a question an insult?

> I was just returning the favour.

My impression is that this group is intended to help people with oracle questions.

> You shouldn't criticize things of which you have no knowledge.

Now who are you talking to with that remark?

Sorry I just really do not understand your attitude, still.

The words you choose to use like "insulted", "ignorance", "no knowledge", "returning the favour" ... seem at least to me to peculiar choices.

I am done with this topic, but personally, it seems like (beyond just this one example) many people on this newsgroup might take an opportunity to look inside themselves and their motivations. My opinion only. Received on Sat Oct 16 2004 - 07:05:50 CDT