Re: inactive instance on server crash

From: Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 13:09:10 +0200

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 12:38:31 +0200, fabrizio <watch.the_at_stars.fr> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>i am wondering why the instance of a database is inactive after a server
>powerdown.
>The server was running when the a 'eletrical breakdown' ocured -sorry
>for my english. at server restart the instance was inactive.
>
>why ?
>how can i avoid this behaviour ?
>
>Fabrice

Numerous possibilities
a) the database startup procedure wasn't included in the system boot (*nix), or the Oracle service wasn't set to automatically (windoze) b) the startup of the service failed (Windoze) c) the startup of the database failed

Without further analysis on your side, who can tell?

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA