Re: Recommended Version of Solaris for 10g DB

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 16:54:41 GMT

"Omegamon" <the_omegamon_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:b883096c.0410061056.4058a8b5_at_posting.google.com...
> Greetings,
>
> I am hoping someone may be able to point me in the
> direction of 'official' documentation from Oracle WRT
> advantages / disadvantages of implementing 10g DB on
> Solaris 8 vs Solaris 9. I am also appreciative of
> 'points of view' in the comparison of the S8 & S9 with
> 10g. Any comments WRT info on Solaris 10 and 10g are
> welcome as well.
>
> All thoughts appreciated,
> -O

The Oracle 10g intaller will check for an acceptable OS.

I would use the newest OS I could get, that is Solaris 9. Although Solaris 8 is probably ok, why install on an OS which will just need to be upgraded later? Solaris 9 will not need an upgrade unitl much farther out. Received on Sat Oct 09 2004 - 11:54:41 CDT