Encrypted passwords

From: scott <intercollector_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 8 Oct 2004 11:07:54 -0700

Hi,

I'm having a problem with encrypted fields while doing an database export from an 8.1.6 to a 9i database. The fields are encrypted fine on the original, and when I decrypt using my known key, the value is fine. On the new database, the encrypted value is exactly the same as the one on the 8.1.6 database, and the key being used is the same, but the result from decrypting is not the same. I'm using the package DBMS_OBFUSCATION_TOOLKIT, which should technically use the DES algorithm, and thus with the same key value, the result should be the same.

If I re-encrypt a new password into the new database, and attempt the exact same decryption, it works fine. It's almost like their is some sort of underlying constant value that applies to that specific database only.

Does anyone know how I can process this export without having to decrypt all of the passwords and then re-encrypt them in the new database? Received on Fri Oct 08 2004 - 13:07:54 CDT