Re: Unexpected Logical I/O count

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 13:25:49 +0000 (UTC)

I may be wrong with version numbers, but I think 8.1.7.0 - 2 were versions where the root block of the index on the inner table of a nested loop was subject to a 'get' for every row in the driving table instead of a 'pin' for the database call.

I forget the bug number, but your statistics look about right for this to be the problem.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th