Re: 10.1.0.3 RAC on Solaris 8-9

From: Alexey Sergeyev <saefido7_at_devexperts.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 14:04:09 +0400

Hi Yong!
> Just a guess. Metalink Note:220970.1 talks about VIP and says "Without
> using VIPs, clients connected to a node that died will often wait for
> a TCP/IP timeout period before getting an error. This can be as long
> as 10 minutes or more." Maybe that 10 minutes is 5 minutes in your
> case.

    Of course, we are using VIP. The problem is that virtual ip of "died" node migrates on the other node onlty after these 5 minutes... But even i have a session on a different node wich VIP doesn't being affected, my session hangs within that time.

> If this is not configured anywhere under $ORACLE_HOME, it may be
> controlled by one of your system TCP parameters. I think you're using
> Solaris. For your convenience, run this
>
> for i in $(ndd /dev/tcp \? | awk '{print $1}'); do
> echo $i; ndd /dev/tcp $i
> done > nddoutput
>
> Look at nddoutput to see if there's anything close to 5 minutes plus 4
> seconds (304000 ms).

Nothing to be arround...

> As I said, it's a guess. I suggest you open a Tar with Oracle and post
> back when you find the answer. We'll all benefit. Thanks.
We are in progress of obtaining Oracle Support, but it has been taking forever for OpenPSL to process our contract... Immediately after it'll have done i'm going to open iTAR for this issue. If we find out the solution, i'll post it, certainly.