Re: Getting PLS-00904 when trying to compile (even as sysdba)

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 18:33:48 +1000

Marc Eggenberger wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> System is Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 on Windows2000 SP4 ADV Server with Oracle
> Fail Safe

Ever considered patching? 8.1.7 should be at least 8.1.7.3.

> I found several Packages in status invalid in the sys schema. I tried to
> compile them but I'm getting errors. For example when trying to
> recompile SYS.DBMS_AQADM I get an PLS-00904: insufficient privilege to
> access object SYSTEM.AQ$_QUEUES

It would help seeing the exact sequence of events. What you typed, what Oracle replied, and so on.

> I even tried to connect as sysdba.

Well, what does that mean? You *tried* to connect as sysdba but failed miserably? Or that you tried and actually succeeded. Again, a spool of what you actually typed in (presuming you are in SQL Plus at the time) would help.

And do use SQL Plus for this, because Enterprise Manager is not up to the job in 8i, IMHO.

> No luck. But sys has access to this
> table.

One would certainly hope so. So one can only presume that you aren't actually logged on as SYS. Or that something else is going on...

> Anyone knows what I am doing wrong here?

Show us what you're actually doing, and then we can (hopefully) spot what you're doing wrong. But the description you give here is a bit too vague.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Oct 04 2004 - 03:33:48 CDT