Oracle 9ias Apache / SSL question

From: Jeremy <newspostings_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 12:10:47 +0100

Hi folks, the environment is Oracle 9i R2 database, Oracle 9iAS (apache and mod_plsql only) on Solaris 9.

I want to obtain and install a certificate to enable SSL (port 443) between browsers and the server.

Are there any 'gotchas' to watch out for before buying the certificate etc?

The verisign site talks only of the procedure for up to OAS4 unde the Oracle heaidng - presumably though I should be looking under the Apache SSL section for instructions on generating the CSR?

Successfully installed SSL certificates on the old OWAS3 we had but would like to be forewarned of anything that requires particular care!

cheers

--

jeremy