Re: How to install oracle on UNIX

From: Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 16:15:19 GMT

Keg wrote:

> Hans Forbrich <news.hans_at_telus.net> wrote in message

>> Dave wrote:
>>

>> > Anyway all the answers are in the installation guide funnily enough.
>>
>> I smell a flame war coming up ...

> Dude, are you always such a bitter, negative schmuck. Usenet is for
> quick resolutions, idea exchange, and knowledge sharing. Yes, every
> damn question every posed in here is likely located somewhere else, in
> some white paper, manual, or something.

You are absolutely right that Usenet can be used for quick resolutions, idea exchange and knowledge sharing. One variant of knowledge sharing is to provide pointers to where the information exists - I prefer this in part because I prefer to have referencable sources for information. Others prefer to provide explicit answers. There are benefits and difficulties either way. OP can then use whatever suits them best.

But I'm confused: Are you saying a pointer to a white paper or document with the exact answer is a bad thing? Or somehow slowing down knowledge sharing? Or perhaps there are only limited ways of doing things 'right'?

/Hans

Feel free to take this offline as I post using a valid address. Received on Sun Oct 03 2004 - 11:15:19 CDT