Re: My DBA says this can't be done!

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2004 22:22:28 -0400

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 11:03:18 +0000, Mike wrote:

> The DBA says all the inconsistent spaces are causing problems and that
> any function he writes can't handle more then one TimesInWeek field
> (e.g. can't handle 00000300 04001000) .

This is your second post about "your DBA". Why isn't "your DBA" on this group and what are you trying to do? Are you trying to micro-manage "your DBA" or trying to take his place? As a DBA, I don't see any compelling reason to help you with that. If you don't trust "your DBA", get another one, which will make you more inclined to trust him or her. This is the first soap opera with an oracle DBA playing the lead role that I've ever seen. Have you considered getting Susan Lucci or Heather Locklear?

--
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.