Re: Problems installing Designer 6i and Oracle 8.17 Windows 2000

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 22:09:24 +0200

On 28 Jul 2004 08:33:07 -0700, anthony.irving_at_eds.com (Anthony Irving) wrote:

>Myself and a co-worker have been trying to install these Oracle
>products on a Windows 2000 platform. Previously, we had read several
>post here, that said that designer should be installed first. Then to
>install Oracle 8.17. The Designer 6I installed went perfectly. When we
>tried to install Oracle 8.17 the systems hung at 92% completed. We
>know about the different Oracle homes issues. The installation was on
>a new Dell server. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
>
>TIA
>Anthony

The installer maintains a log, during installation it is in your tempdir.
NB: the installer is a Java program, and it is very memory hungry. If you don't have to minimum amount of RAM, or insufficient disk space on the drive your tempdir is located, you may easily run into 'hung' issues.
My answer is vague, as you don't provide any pointers, other than 'it doesn't work'

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA