Re: connecting automatically as sys

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2004 03:37:37 GMT

Since we are beating this to death ... don't forget the '?' represents the user, password AND service, as in

   sqlplus "user/pass_at_service as sysdba"

using 'service' in the appropriate sense.

Curiosity ... anyone able to check whether we can get in remotely via host naming? Of course, that's useless for startup with dynamic registration <g> but could be quite interesting for emergency shutdown.

(I'm on the road this week, so I can't check my systems. Might test it in the classroom Thursday or Friday if I can.)

/Hans Received on Sat Jul 24 2004 - 22:37:37 CDT