Activeperl with windows 2000 resource kit supplement 1 - does it include DBI and DBD:::Oracle

From: Prem K Mehrotra <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jul 2004 18:15:19 -0700

I just got access to a Windows 2000 Server, it has activeperl 5.1 as part
of Windows 2000 resource kit. My question is does this active perl include
the connectivity software to access Oracle database (which is on UNIX boxes)?

If I have to download something - what exactly I have to download from CPAN. I have read about DBI and DBD::Ooracle but not sure any of it is already included.

Also can I put these downloaded .pm or .pl files in my own directory and use them
without putting them in folders where perl is installed because that requires
convincing lots of IT people. Do I have to compile any of these modules because
that requires make etc (I can live with performance degradation without
compilation).

I am new to Perl as well as Windows 2000 server, so pardon my ignorance.

Thanks a lot,

Prem Received on Sun Jul 18 2004 - 20:15:19 CDT