Re: SQLServer2k to Oracle 9i, Character Set Conflict

From: Krist <xtanto_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 9 Jul 2004 20:48:30 -0700

Hi Daniel,

> What makes you think you want to use CHAR(20) in Oracle?
I have tried many, only CHAR(20), or bigger, will eliminate Error ORA-01401. (I havent tried VARCHAR2(8), SQL Server Column is CHAR(8) )

That column above has non standard characters as result of encryption.

But on other table, I even have to make MS SQL Char(50) into CHAR(100) in Oracle.

Thanks,
Krist