Move sys.aud$ -- response

From: David Fitzjarrell <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 6 Jul 2004 18:53:07 -0700

on 07/06/2004, at 8:27 PM CDT, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have inherited the maintenance of an Oracle 8.17 system with
> Auditing enabled. I have found that the sys.aud$ table is in the
> SYSTEM Tablespace and have been given a directive to move it out of
> SYSTEM. I am thinking that I should move the sys.aud$ table to a
> dedicated tablespace.
>
> 1. How can I move this table to another Tablespace.
> 2. Are there any special concerns in moving this table and\or auditing
> mechinisms?
>
> Thanks for your advice,
>
> Cal

Do this:

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> create tablespace audit_tbs datafile '.....' size 500M reuse;

Tablespace created.

SVRMGR> alter table aud$ move tablespace audit_tbs;

Table altered.

SVRMGR> exit

As long as you maintain the SYS ownership of AUD$ you'll be fine, and connect internal in 8.1.7 does just that. Remember to substitute a valid path and filename for the '.....' in the create tablespace command.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Jul 06 2004 - 20:53:07 CDT