System tablespace is nearly full

From: kpipeg <kpipeg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 5 Jul 2004 04:49:03 -0700

Hi folks,

Before start, I am a Unix admin but one month ago Iīve received an open runing production Oracle DB - 9.2 to take care off ;-)

Well, Iīve seen that the SYSTEM tablespace is at 98%. It is configured AUTOEXTEND and the AUD$ table is empty (although allocated in SYSTEM). There arenīt any objects apart of those generated by installation.
The current tablespace syze is 310MB

Is it better to add a file or just leave it as it is? Would this produce poor db performance?
Is there any avrge size for the System tablespace? Our db is not so big +- 100GB

BTW - We have a rollback segment in the system tablespace but we are using the UNDOTB - and in my understanding shouldnīt affect.

Thanks in advance,

K PIPE G Received on Mon Jul 05 2004 - 06:49:03 CDT