Re: Client connection SHARED don't use server SQLNET.ORA

From: Tony Dare <tonydare_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 16:18:32 -0700

Mr Bakker is of course correct. SQL Net tracing on the server collects the traffic from the dedicated server process to/from the client. In the MTS model (Oracle wants us to say Shared Server nowadays) the tracing is done at the Dispatcher, which many clients may be using. In the MTS (ptoo! Shared Server, Shared Server...) model, tracing or even finding the dispatcher or shared server servicing the client can be problematic. On windows its more difficult as you are then dealing with threads rather than processes...

Metalink has an overview note 168851.1 that speaks to this, overview style.

HTH td