Re: jdk version - oracle 9i R2 windows

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2004 00:18:53 GMT

eric wrote:

> Oracle installs a 1.1.8, so let be satisfied with that and do not ask why
> ... So far, the "master in the world" for Java remains SUN :-) And Sun
> does not support anymore 1.1.8 ... so my question... this JDK-OEM issue
> seems pretty hot for Oracle staff, isn't it ?

The way I understand it ...

Oracle installs a specific version of JRE with a specific version of it's product. They support that combination.

Then, at a later date, when SUN releases an upgrade, Oracle supports THAT version of the JDK with _subsequent_ versions of Oracle's product.

I do not understand why you think Oracle should be forced to test an older version of their product just because SUN has released a newer environment. Especially when a newer version of Oracle's product is up to date with SUN. Received on Thu Jul 01 2004 - 19:18:53 CDT