Re: Command Line Mastery

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 06:05:34 GMT

Michael wrote:

> Is there a good book you can recommend that exhaustively covers most
> everything you would need to do to as a DBA using Oracle 8\9 using
> SQLPlus (i.e. no GUI)?
>
> In short, I need to become an Oracle SQLPlus command line guru
> yesterday. I have only used the GUI tools to this point. I have very
> little experience with: ALTER DATABASE x, ALTER TABLE x etc. etc. etc.
>
> TIA,
>
> Michael

If your GUI is the Oracle Enterprise Manager, click 'SHOW SQL' on any screen to display the command line the OEM will invoke.

All syntax is in SQL Reference manual. Mastering them is in ORacle Concepts and Oracle Database Administration Guide or Oracle Application Developers Guide. These are available at htp://docs.oracle.com Received on Thu Jul 01 2004 - 01:05:34 CDT