Re: Microsoft and SAP

From: Kalen Delaney <replies_at_public_newsgroups.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:58:36 -0800

When I was writing Inside SQL Server 2000, back in 2000, I talked with the DBAs managing MS's SAP implementation about lessons learned for running VLDBs. Even back then, they had been running SAP on SQL Server for quite a while, and shared some great tips with me.

I knew that MS ran SAP on SQL Server, and had included this in the previous version of my book (Inside SQL Server 7):

By the time of the launch, more than a dozen sites were in full production with SQL Server 7.0, including Microsoft's internal SAP implementation and barnesandnoble.com, HarperCollins, CBS Sportsline, Comcast Cellular, and Southwest Securities. The SQL Server 7.0 development team released the product to manufacturing on December 2, 1998, using build 7.00.623.07, with a code freeze date of November 27, 1998. The product became available to the public in January 1999.

<< I wonder how Daniel Morgan can't verify this simple fact.>>

I guess he hadn't read my book. :-)

--
HTH