Re: Article about supposed "murky" future for Oracle

From: rkusenet <rkusenet_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 09:58:14 -0500

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote

> If Informix performance is better than that of Oracle ... perhaps you
> would be so kind as to show me and others where that is demonstrated:
>
> http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/results/tpcc_perf_results.asp?resulttype=all

Since when you start giving importance to tpc results. This is what you wrote earlier:-

I'd hardly call TPC impatial ... I'd call it useless. Performance is one of very small part of the rationale for purchasing an RDBMS. A more reasonable criteria would include:
  1. Security
  2. Stability
  3. Scalability
  4. Supportability
  5. Third-party products that can be hosted such as financial systems
  6. Price

So i guess it is just a matter of convenience when to quote TPC results and when to diss it.

rk- Received on Tue Mar 30 2004 - 08:58:14 CST