Re: Article about supposed "murky" future for Oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 08:37:49 -0800

rkusenet wrote:

> Why am I telling this? Because 6 months back when Oracle had to face massive
> embarrassment to their RAC technology in that Orbitz fiasco, you were the first
> to point out that Oracle alone may not be the culprit.
>
> rk-

And as now know Oracle wasn't at fault at all. Orbitz lost a control file and their DBAs started applying Oracle and Solaris patches and didn't contact Oracle, or for that matter Sun, support for hours. By then Orbitz's employees had done irreparable damage.

I work only 1.5 miles from Microsoft and many of my students are from Microsoft. I doubt they'd make up stories about it. And doubt even more that Ballmer would give Oracle even dollar one if he could avoid doing so.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu