LGWR writing junk data?

From: Tom Barnes <nospam1978_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Mar 2004 19:41:58 -0800

I've learned that LGWR writes data from the log buffer to disk at least:

Someone told me today that when LGWR writes data to disk it writes the whole content of the log buffer regardless of how much data was actually changed (much of what gets written is junk data). So for example, if you do one insert and then a commit LGWR would write data the size of the log buffer to disk. Is this really correct? I would think that whats gets written to disk is only whatever redo had actually been generated. Received on Fri Mar 26 2004 - 21:41:58 CST