Re: Article about supposed "murky" future for Oracle

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 11:01:52 -0000

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:t5d660ld9cv7hpmg8r9b5k876qurkp8hvp_at_4ax.com...
> At least Oracle *WORKS AND IS SCALABLE*

The problem for Oracle is that at the very least DB2 and MSSQL also work and are scalable. I rather suspect that mySQL will join them very shortly.

Don't get me wrong I do think that Oracle is a superior product, but for nearly all enterprises the competitor products are almost certainly perfectly acceptable.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA