Re: Parent-Child Hierarchy to XML

From: Leo J. Hart IV <leo.hart_at_nospam.fmr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:11:08 -0500

I'm still a bit unclear. One could interpret "use an inline view" as just:

SELECT * FROM (
    SELECT label
    FROM tst_prnt_chld
    START WITH prnt_id IS NULL
    CONNECT BY PRIOR ID = prnt_id)

It would great if you could show me (assuming you've accomplished what I'm trying to do) an example of how I could dynamically create this tree given my test data and code.

Thanks,
Leo Received on Thu Mar 25 2004 - 09:11:08 CST