Re: PL/SQL using table from another schema

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:08:02 -0800

Jon wrote:

> I am trying to run a procedure, created in schema_1 and that tries to select
> from tables in schema_2.
> I have created a public synonym to this table and schema_1 has privileges to
> objects in the other schema
> Should I have to grant any kind of system privileges so that schema_1 could
> see these tables?
> Thanks,

Synonyms have nothing to do with permissions. If a use has create synonym privilege they can create a synonym for anything ... even for nonexistent objects.

To select you need to have schema_2 grant SELECT on the table. For insert, update, or delete, these too must be granted. The fact that you can create something in another schema gives you no privileges to access it.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu