A PROBLEM: installing Oracle 9i under Linux.

From: Tomek D. Loboda <tol7_at_pitt.edu>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:42:56 -0400

Hi,

A PROBLEM: installing Oracle 9i under Linux.

ORACLE: 9.2.0 LINUX: RedHat 7.2 (Enigma)

WHAT I DID: Gone through a lot of tutorials.

MESSAGE: "Segmentation fault" when trying to run "runInstaller". The thing is that while decompressing the installation disks with cpio I receive some warnings "skipped X bytes of junk". Can it affect the process of installation?

I do not burn CDs -- I store them on the disk.

Thanks!
Thomas Received on Sat Sep 27 2003 - 20:42:56 CDT