Re: backup and recovery drills

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 18:18:31 +0800

Ryan Gaffuri wrote:

> im learning backup and recovery. I have some test DBs at home on
> windows XP. what are some standard failures i can test to make sure I
> understand backup and recovery. other than the generic stuff. anyone
> have any interesting drills they have done at work?

I don't like "self-test" drills because you know what the cause of the problem is. Get a friend with some oracle knowledge - ask them to (expletive) your database. They can do anything from simply deleting a file to adding random strings of hex into your control files.

Then its your job to work out whats wrong and how to get it back

hth
connor Received on Sat Sep 27 2003 - 05:18:31 CDT