Question about NCHAR columns and Upgrade from 8i to 9.2.0.3

From: Nick Palmer <nick_at_kcicorp.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:15:20 -0700

Hi all,

I've successfully tested my upgrade process on a test server going from 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.3. One of the things that I understand is different with 9i is NCHAR columns. We don't do anything fancy at all with Oracle, just use normal column types. What is the difference between the NCHAR columns in 8i and 8.2 ? I've run the script UTLNCHAR.SQL in the \admin directory to convert my NCHAR columns and everything seems to work fine.

Thanks in advance,
Nick. Received on Fri Sep 26 2003 - 13:15:20 CDT