Problems when installing Oracle provider for OLE DB

From: Lars Michael <lam_at_dhi.dk>
Date: 24 Sep 2003 05:12:28 -0700

I have installed Oracle9i client 9.0.1.1.1. Aftewards I downloaded the Oracle provider for OLE DB (OraOLEDB.Oracle) ver. 9.0.1.0.1 and installed it. Looking at the installed products in the Univeral Installer, both seems to be installed correctly.

However, the Oracle OLE DB provider does not seem to be properly registered... When I call Delphi's PromptDataSource() to create my connection string it does not appear in the list of OLE DB providers. When I search the registry, no entries for OraOLEDB.Oracle is found. Trying to register the OraOLEDB.dll manually using regsvr32 is also not possible.

Does anyone have any idea what is happening and how to solve this problem? My environment is Windows XP/Delphi6. Received on Wed Sep 24 2003 - 07:12:28 CDT