Upgrade 7.3.4 to 9i: DBUA error

From: Don Seiler <don_at_seiler.us>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 20:49:06 GMT

Upgrading an Oracle 7.3.4.5 install to 9.2.0.1. Oracle software is installed and it is in the phase where it runs DBUA automatically afterwards. DBUA does see the Oracle 7.3.4 (presumably from the /etc/oratab file) but when I select that it goes to get some DB info and returns this error pop-up:

Could not get the database version from the "Oracle Database" component. The "CEP" file "/u00/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/rdbms/admin/rdbmsup.sql" does not provide the version directive.

Just to confirm: I changed the ORACLE environment vars to the 9i settings before I began the installer, so ORACLE_HOME points to 9.2.0 and not 7.3.4. That is the proper setting right? Received on Tue Sep 23 2003 - 15:49:06 CDT