Re: ORA-00331 Error

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 00:22:17 -0700

Yong Boon, Lim wrote:

>How do solve ORA-00331 problem?
>"ORA-00331 log version num incompatible with Oracle version num
>The log was created under an older, incompatible version of Oracle, or an
>attempt was made to use the wrong log."
>
>Can l drop and recreate all the redo log files before database is opened?
>Will it help to
>solve this problem?
>

>Thank and have a nice weekend!
>
>Yong Boon, Lim

I'd like to know what decision tree led anyone to ever put themself into a situation where it was even possible to get this error message. Answering that question honestly will likely keep you from doing similar things again.

Create new logs files and drop the old ones? Of course you can ... or at least you should.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu