null event causing concern

From: John Ashton <info_at_thunkbox.com>
Date: 19 Sep 2003 04:56:04 -0700

We seem to have a pl/sql procedure that can occionally take a very long time to complete (> 13 hours). It is a big task but it would normally complete within 2 hours.

As I'm not a DBA and I have limited rights so I have only been able get a partial view into what is happening (yes I have asked the support company X's DBA to investigate but there are political reasons why I feel I need to look at this too).

The only thing I can see that bothers me is the following from v$session_wait for the PL/SQL procedure session:

EVENT	        P1	P2	P3	TIME	SECONDS_IN_WAIT	STATE
null event	301	87541	1	-1	26	        WAITED KNOWN TIME

Every time I see this null event, P1 is either 301 or 150 but I don't know what this parameter refers to. I thought maybe it was file# but there are no files above 160.

Can anyone tell me what this event might be?

Thanks Received on Fri Sep 19 2003 - 06:56:04 CDT