Re: 9.2.0.4 update and event 10195

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:00:06 +0200

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:s7lhmvk46hf8m0mk929982svt9pspakfb9_at_4ax.com...
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:06:52 +0200, "Volker Hetzer"
> <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org> wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >After the first issues got published for the 9.2.0.4 patch set I'd like
> >give it a try too.
> >However, one of the links in the known issues document ("Issues
introduced
> >in 9.2.0.4",
> >bug 3119025) wants me to "disable the use of CHECK constraints to
generate
> >additional
> >query predicatesby setting <EVENT:10195> to level 1."
> >So, how do I do that properly?
> >In the docs there have been very few examples and the "event" init
parameter
> >is really
> >sparsely documented except for the hands off statement.
> >
> >Most examples use alter session but shouldn't the event be set for all
> >sessions?
> Yes, in the events init.ora parameter

Ok, did it. Took me a while because alter system ... scope=spfile didn't work but
putting *.event='10195 trace name context forever, level 1' into the pfile and
starting, create spfile from pfile and restarting did the trick. Or, at least, a recreation
of the pfile showed the event.

> >And what's this "set event='...'" vs. "set events '...'" stuff?
>
> Inconsistent syntax, that's all

Ok. Thanks!

> >And how do I get rid of it? Even when Tom Kyte deals with event 10053 in
his
> >new
> >book there was nothing about getting rid of that event.
> >
> >So, is there an "alter system unset events" or do I set the trace level
> >zero
> >or the event parameter to ''?
>
> alter system set event='10195 trace name context off'
All right, although since it's a static parameter I suppose just taking it out of the pfile
ought to do the trick as well.

> It is 'hidden' on Metalink and it is discussed in Internals courses.
"Internals" courses? I just had a look at the german course catalogue but couldn't
find any internals course. What I've got is the two fundamentals courses and my
boss is hesitant to send me to another one without a bulletproof reason. So, out of the current catalogue
(http://education.oracle.co.uk/html/oracle/1001/73/99/catalogue.htm), which one is the/an internals course where one would presumably get taught about that
kind of internals?
After a bit of digging I found Note:179848.1 which explained a bit more about how to
set/unset events.

Lots of Greetings and thanks!
Volker Received on Fri Sep 19 2003 - 06:00:06 CDT