Re: Storing PDF files on a database

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:10:44 GMT

You can store any binary file in the database. To do this, you will want to use the Binary Large Object, or BLOB datatype. How you do this depends on your application development platform. It is a little different in Java, C, Perl, etc. You will find code examples on Technet (http://technet.oracle.com) along with all of the relevant documentation that you need to get up and running.

HTH,
Brian

Kevin Davis wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to store files on a Oracle
> database field(mainly pdf files). If so how.
>
> Thank you,
> Kevin Davis

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com