Analyze Command and Privileges

From: JimS <james.stewart2_at_ccra-adrc.gc.ca>
Date: 18 Sep 2003 11:56:36 -0700

Hi all,

    I need some info from the Oracle gods. I want to implement the Analyze table command in a job stream that will be run from an automated process not belonging to the DB group.

Question 1 - If I give the "Automated" user id access to the "ANALYZE ANY" command, do they have any other privileges that can screw up the database.

Question 2 - If the ANALYZE command aborts during execution, can it create major damage to the database.

Thanks,

Jim Received on Thu Sep 18 2003 - 13:56:36 CDT