creating IFS schema via XML files & updating classdomain of attributes

From: Frank Ratzlow <frank_ratzlow_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Sep 2003 04:53:44 -0700

Hi folks,

we are maintaining the schema of an IFS based application by storing this in an XML file. What we couldn't manage is to determine the way how to update the classdomain of an attribute to point to. The way we are doing this now is
1.) create the IFS class within one xml file and upload it

====================the
class===========================================
<ObjectList>
	<ClassObject>

<Name>Submission</Name>
<SuperClass RefType="Name">PublicObject</SuperClass>

<PropertyBundle>
<Name>LayoutProperties</Name> <Properties> <Property> <Name>AttributeSequenceArray</Name> <Value Datatype="String_Array"> <ArrayElement>Composer</ArrayElement> <ArrayElement>Auditor</ArrayElement> <ArrayElement>Subversion_Of</ArrayElement> </Value> </Property> </Properties>
</PropertyBundle>

<Abstract>false</Abstract>
<Final>false</Final>
<ClassACL RefType="Name">ClassPublic</ClassACL>
<Attributes>
<Attribute> <Name>Composer</Name> <DataType>String</DataType> </Attribute> <Attribute> <Name>Auditor</Name> <DataType>String</DataType> </Attribute> <Attribute> <Name>Subversion_Of</Name> <DataType>PublicObject</DataType> </Attribute>
</Attributes>
</ClassObject> <ClassDomain> <Name>CD_Submission</Name> <DomainType>1</DomainType>
<Classes>
<ArrayElement RefType='name'>Composer</ArrayElement></Classes>
</ClassDomain>

</ObjectList>
====================the
class===========================================

The attribute Subversion_Of shall point to objects of the same class means selfreferencing. Since the class and it's classdomain doesn't exist yet we can only do this at a consecutive upload of a second file to perform the update of this attribute.

===================applying the classdomain to attr Subversion_Of

<ObjectList>
	<CLASSOBJECT>

<UPDATE RefType="Name">Submission</UPDATE>
<ATTRIBUTES>
<ATTRIBUTE> <UPDATE RefType="Name">Subversion_Of</UPDATE> <ClassDomain RefType='name'>CD_Submission</ClassDomain> </ATTRIBUTE>
</ATTRIBUTES>
</CLASSOBJECT>

</ObjectList>

Unfortunately the second stept doesn't work, so we always have set the classdomains manually by using the IFS manager. This is really anoying since we have a lot of classes and a full rebuild of the schema becomes quite tedious.

Does anyone knows howto do update the classdomain of an IFS class by using XML?

TIA Frank
frank_ratzlow_at_nojunk.hotmail.com Received on Wed Sep 17 2003 - 06:53:44 CDT