Re: ORACLE requirement to implement automatic standby DB

From: Lear <grmdy_at_yaahhoooo.coooo.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:25:32 +0100

You need Enterprise Edition to run a standby database. Check the documentation:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_ 01/doc/server.817/a76962/ch4.htm#52939

SO, you'll need a new license and a new version of the software. In fact, if you're planning on using two servers then Oracle may want you to buy an enterprise edition license for both of them, though you may be able to negotiate...

Charly <SomeOne_at_SomeWhere.on.the.net> wrote in news:3F65CCA7.EE436228_at_SomeWhere.on.the.net:

> Dear all,
>
> Sorry if this has been discussed previously. I searched this newsgroup
> but did not find anything straigthforward...
>
> I'm using Oracle 8i (8.1.5) Standard Edition on Windows 2000 for a CIS
> / billing system. The size of the DB is about 50Gb.

<SNIP>