Re: Tom Kyte a false idol?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 14:40:53 +0800

Bryant wrote:

> > I was also suprised to find that Kyte is
>
> > not "worshipped" by everyone, and there are those who say that he is
>
> > arrogant, snitty and insulting. I've been told that he sometimes
>
> > refers to questions as "stupid" on his asktom web site, and openly
>
> > insults people at public appearances.
>
> LOL! That was my exact impression, although I would add "prissy" and
> "rude" to the description!
>
> I had the misfortune of meeting him at an Oracle Symposium, and was
> shocked at how rude he was. He even insulted the host and mocked some
> of the questioners for being too ignorant.
>
> Kyte is an incredible jerk, IMHO.
>
> What a joke on his Amazon reviews. The book is out less than a week,
> and has over 350 5-start reviews! Tom Clancey, Michael Crighton and
> Ernest Heminhway would not get that positive response for a top-selling
> novel. It could only be done by a marketing machine like Oracle.
>
> I'll bet 90% of them are Oracle employees. . . .
>
> --

I was one of the technical reviewers for the book (and no I'm not on commission) but I think its value for money.

It would not be odd to see those reviews on amazon given that the oracle bookstore at oracle world did a roaring trade for many books, Tom's being among them.

Cheers
Connor

--
Connor McDonald

"Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"