Re: timed_statistics = true and db "hangs"

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 20:09:09 +0200

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003 19:01:20 +0200, sven <tiestes_at_arcor.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>the maintennance and performance tuning of a db seems difficult without
>the timed_statistics parameter. So, after installing statspack I set
>it true (alter system set timed_statistics=true). Only a few seconds
>later telephone rings and user told me they could not connect to the
>db. So I tried to connect first from the console with sqlplus and then
>with the dbastudio both worked well. They could not connect until
>bouncing the db and resetting of the parameter.
>What's going wrong?
>It is a 8.1.7.4 with compatible-parameter set to 8.1.6 on a AIX 4.3....
>The application the used by the users is called unilab4.0.
>It is written with Powerbuilder.
>I found some docs at metalink about problems with timed_statistics but
>they should all resolved in 8.1.7.
>Any experience with this?
>Thanks for thinking about and gretting from sunny germany.
>Sven

Never seen the problem your mention. The setting of the compatible parameter might be a problem.
Did you check what the database is waiting for when the problem occurs? (By selecting from v$system_events) This might be simply a screwed AIX configuration.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Sep 13 2003 - 13:09:09 CDT