Re: Oracle 9i on Windows Server 2003 64 bit

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 17:28:56 +1000

aaa_at_bbb.com wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:48:51 +1000, "Howard J. Rogers"
> <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
>>In other words, if you have a question, ask it neutrally, not with a 'this
>>Oracle sh*t is crap' slant.
>
> At no point did I say that,

Oddly enough: that's what quote marks mean. "I didn't say that... but that's what I meant".

>and your attitude is highly offensive on
> serveral levels.

Oh please.

Quote "Surely Oracle is smarter than this". You might have some slant on such a phrase that I don't know, but I can smell a rose bush covered in manure a mile off.

>Your assumption that I have not read the
> documentation is also way off the mark.And don't bother requoting my
> words: "Surely Oracle is smarter than that."

Funnily enough, I can re-quote what the hell I like, your permission notwithstanding. Even funnier is that you *knew* that that would be the phrase I would re-quote... so quite clearly, you knew *precisely* what impression that particular quote would convey.

>Your interpretation is
> not what I meant,

You know, Hitler invaded Poland not expecting the Second World War. Strangely enough, he got the Second World War. What you *mean* and what people take you to mean are not necessarily the same thing... and you might give some pause to think about that before you start posting smug statements that can only be taken one way by those in the know.

>and if you look at that posting and my first one,
> you will not see anything else that could be deemed offensive. If I
> had wanted to start a flame war, I would have attacked from the first
> sentence. You can see that I did not.

I can see that you, indeed, did, and you got one. Clever little you.

By the way: the answer is still "use the "@" command within SQLPlus to run a script". But since you read the documentation so thoroughly, you obviously didn't need that answer.

HJR