Re: Fed Up with being a DBA

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:17:21 +1000

Alan wrote:

> I haven't run any tests to prove this, but I was told by Someone Who
> Should Know (a certfied Oracle Instructor) that CBO can't optimize a query
> any better than a _properly_ optimized RBO query.

There's no such thing as a "certified Oracle instructor". There are instructors, Oracle instructors, and people who have OCP certification. And you may well find Oracle instructors who have OCP certification because they were at a loss as to what to do with themselves for one weekend or another. But there's no "you are now approved to teach Oracle" certification as such.

So it's downhill all the way from there, I'm afraid, with regards to the rest of your post.

Regards
HJR Received on Fri Sep 12 2003 - 22:17:21 CDT