Help with 9i install problem on E450 running Solaris 2.8

From: SteveW <swensel_at_mahinetworks.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2003 14:44:17 -0700

I've downloaded Oracle and have installed 9i on my machine. There was no previous instance of Oracle running. I get through the install, and it appears that the server is running in that the processes are up, including the listener. When I try to connect with sqlplus I get this message:
bash-2.03$ sqlplus

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on Tue Sep 9 14:41:59 2003

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Enter user-name: system
Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

Enter user-name:

I've got 4gb of RAM. My settings match what was in the install doc:

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=100
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=10

set semsys:seminfo_semmap=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=1024
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=256

set semsys:seminfo_semmnu=500
set semsys:seminfo_semume=100

Can someone help with some ideas on what may be wrong, or a link to read more?

Thanks,
/SteveW Received on Tue Sep 09 2003 - 16:44:17 CDT