Re: Large Index organized tables: just a marketing feature ?! (for experts)

From: Andras Kovacs <andkovacs_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 8 Sep 2003 15:41:31 -0700

Working with IOTs requires a very good understanding of Oracle features.
IOTs are very simple structure but Oracle messed up every thing. I still have 3 tars open on IOTs out of the 5 that we had.

Now we have a work around to load massive data. Basically you have to build a Heap table with a B-Tree index equal to the PK. Then you can load easily the data from the heap to the IOT. Received on Mon Sep 08 2003 - 17:41:31 CDT