Re: EMCA : ora-1017 invalid username/password

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 07:06:48 +1000

"Yang" <yg.yang_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bjhvll$oue$1_at_news-reader3.wanadoo.fr...
> Oracle 9.2.0 / Redhat 8.0 :
>
> - database creation : OK
> - listener : OK
>
> - creation of repository with emca (session Linux) : failed with
> ORA-1017 when I tried to connect with sys or system.
>
> - under sqlplus : sys/password_at_tns or system/password_at_tns or
> userdba/password_at_tns are all OK
>
> Need help, please.
>
> TIA
> yang

It's difficult to telll from your post, but I presume you are attempting to connect to the Management Server, which is a process, not a database. And it therefore doesn't use database users and passwords suc as SYS or SYSTEM, but comes with one specially made for it: SYSMAN, default password oem_temp.

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Sep 08 2003 - 16:06:48 CDT