Re: Missing svrmgrl

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 22:31:20 -0700

R.A. Joemman wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have just installed Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on AIX 5.1
>
>After installation the 'svrmgrl' is not on the system.
>Where do I get it?
>
>Did I missed something during the installation?
>It was a custom installation with the following options:
>
>- Oracle9i Database
>- Oracle Net Services
>

>Regards
>Raoul

Have you been on the moon for the last three years? ;-)

The fact that SVRMGRL was deprecated in version 9 has been discussed over-and-over and time-after-time in every possible forum for years. With apologies ... Read The Fine Manual. There are many other major differences in 9i of which you are likely equally unaware such as UNDO, FLASHBACK, TARGETS, iSQL*Plus, etc. etc. etc.

Meanwhile ... log on using SQL*Plus using "/ AS SYSDBA".

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu