Re: A couple of questions

From: MK <MK_at_foo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 00:01:17 +0200

"Sybrand Bakker" <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote

> This of course a silly recommendation, especially as you don't even
> have a clue of the execution path and don't know what the CBO is.
> My recommendation would be for you to learn Oracle, instead of abusing
> by writing statements like the one you posted. Replace the not in
> subquery by a not exists query, or switch to CBO and use the HASH_AJ
> hint in the subquery.

Thank you, Mr Dr Prof Assoc MBA MD Ing "Visiting Astronomer" Summer Differential Emeritus Bakker.

I'll try my hardest to stop abusing my dear Oracle and as the matter of fact I'll write "BAD MK HOW DARE YOU ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT ORACLE" 200 times into my notebook, every day, starting next Monday.

I hope this will satisfy your requests Mr Dr Prof Assoc MBA MD Ing "Visiting Astronomer" Summer Differential Emeritus Bakker. My deepest apologies for disturbing your all-high DBA-highs of Oracle guru-astronomical-highs,

Yours,
MK Received on Wed Sep 03 2003 - 17:01:17 CDT