Re: Why so many Gay Oracle people?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:06:43 +0100

"Bryant" <member31797_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:3311907.1062464505_at_dbforums.com...

> Wait a minute. I'm not alone here.

I'm sure you are not, but your nasty hate filled attitude, if serious, puts you in a very small minority.

> As a Christian, I need only consult my Bible to see that God says Homo's
> deserve death:
>

> "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them
> have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death"
> (Romans 1:32)

Well getting the passage correct might help for a start. You quote part of the Old Testament law, the same law that prohibits lending at interest, that bans shellfish etc and which applied to the people of Israel. Not to DBAs per se unless they are also part of that group which seems unlikely.

> The Bible makes it very clear that God hates Fags, and there are many
> Christian organisations that are very offended by open Homosexuality:

Well whilst there are Organisations that are offended by homosexuality, there are also Christian Organisations that embrace and welcome it. It is an open question theologically at the moment, not something that is 'very clear'. For what its worth I do believe that the standard of behaviour required of *practising christians* does preclude homosexual relationships. That is entirely different from 'hating fags'. I also believe that the standard of behaviour requires other behaviour patterns one of which is to treat others with love and respect - try Mark 12:31 for a reference since you seem to like them.

Naturally I won't be bothering to enter a religious debate here, it isn't the place but I can't leave this attitude as representative of the Christian religion, since it is so distorted as to be offensive and unhelpful.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA